It is the mission of Safe Zone Utah to create a partnership with businesses and individuals throughout Utah where people can feel safe, know they are welcome, and get resources to help when faced with discrimination or a difficult situation.
Safe Zone Utah – A Place For All
- National Suicide Hot Line 800-273-TALK (8225)
- CDC Information Line, 800-CDC INFO (232-4636)
- Family Acceptance Project, familyproject.sfsu.edu
- PFLAG Parents Family and Friends of Lesbians & Gays, www.pflag.org
- The Trevor Project (national), 866-4-U-TREVOR (866-488-7386) Crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ+ young people. Trevor Text, text “Trevor” to 1-202-304-1200. www.thetrevorproject.org
- Crisis Text Line, text “START” or “GO” to 741741 to text anonymously with a crisis counselor. Free 24/7.
- On Face Book in the search box type: “Facebook Help: BULLYING” or “Facebook Help: Suicide”. It will open with questions prompts and resources.
- On Twitter, search for support.twitter.com from your Twitter account. A help page will come up. Type “suicide”, “bullying”, or “self-harm” in the search bar then follow prompts. #Notonemore
- MY3 is an App you download to your device. Select 3 people to call in a crisis. Life line number, safety plan and coping strategies.
- Safe Utah App is designed for youth in crisis. Download to your mobile device. Use the app to call crisis line, chat with a counselor or submit a tip. Suicide is the number one cause of death among Utah Adolescents. -Android users CLICK HERE, iPhone users CLICK HERE
- 911 – Ask for a CIT (Crisis Intervention Trained) Officer.
- National Gay and Lesbian Youth Hotline, 800-347- TEEN (8336).
- GLBT National Youth Talk Line, 800-246-PRIDE (7743).
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender National Hotline, 888-843-GLNH (4564).
- Trans Lifeline, 877-565-8860.
- Youth Futures Utah, www.yfut.org, Provides safe shelter, collaborative resources, respectful guidance and diverse support to homeless, unaccompanied, runaway and at risk youth in Northern Utah.
Our Goal is to create Safe Zones in partnership with businesses and individuals in the Salt Lake area and throughout Utah where people can get resources to help when faced with a difficult time in their life. This is similar to Safe Zones on college and university campuses and we are bringing it to the Business Community. The four areas we are focusing on are, Anti-bulling, Suicide Prevention, Homelessness and Domestic Violence.
These places known as Safe Zone Utah, will display a window decal indication they are a Safe Zone and are welcoming to all and will provide resource information to those in need. There will be a display with a take-away resource at each Safe Zone Utah location. The take-away item is a Bi-fold business card with a list of basic resources and our website address where many other resources are available.
Participating locations are required to have a designated person attend a training course and sign a contract stating they represent their business/organization and will only provide resources to people and that they will not provide counseling. Although we ask each Safe Zone Utah Partner to donate $25 to cover the cost of printed materials and manuals, it is not required to participate in our program.